Mr Stephenson – Class Teacher
Mrs Walton – HLTA
- Morning 8.30 to 10.20
- Break 10.20 to 10.35
- Mid Morning 10.35 to 12.30
- Lunch 12.30 to 1.15
- Afternoon 1.15 to 3.00
White Rose Maths Scheme
This term in White Rose Maths, we will be covering the following topics:
- Place value: This topic will cover how to read, write, and compare numbers of different sizes. We will also learn how to round numbers and estimate sums and differences.
- Addition and subtraction: This topic will cover how to add and subtract numbers using a variety of methods. We will also learn how to solve word problems involving addition and subtraction.
- Multiplication and division: This topic will cover how to multiply and divide numbers using a variety of methods. We will also learn how to solve word problems involving multiplication and division.
- Fractions: This topic will cover what fractions are and how to use them. We will learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions.
This term in English, you will be studying the novel “The Falcon’s Malteser” by Anthony Horowitz. You will also be learning about a variety of grammar functions, such as word class, punctuation, and clauses. You will also be learning spellings and practicing regular comprehension to improve your reading skills.
This term in science, you will be studying Animals Including Humans. You will learn about the circulatory system, the human body, and the digestive system.
This term in history, you will be studying World War II. You will learn about the outbreak and the conditions of World War II.
In art, we are exploring different mediums from 2D to 3D. We’ll be looking at how mark making, line, tonal value, colour, shape and composition can be used to inform the final piece.
In P.E, our focus is indoor athletics which will include throwing, jumping and running whilst also working on team games that can be played in an indoor, confined space.